How to Locate AcuPoints – The Definitive App
HOW TO LOCATE ACUPUNCTURE POINTS – THE DEFINITIVE APP by Silence Speaks provides the most detailed instruction on the how to quickly and accurately find over 390+ of most commonly used acupoints on a live model.
Presented by Paul Johnson and Tessa Whittaker,– licensed acupuncturists and lecturers at the London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, This unique video tutorial has several key features include:
– Complete coverage of the 12 primary channels, the conception and governing vessels, and some of the most commonly used Extra points.
– Step-by-Step instruction on properly determining body distances using Chinese Cun measurements.
– Full body-length photography with animations detailing the meridian pathways.
– Multi-camera perspective recreating the experience of having one-to-one expert tuition.
– A true video production,– designed to play on your computer, or better yet, on your television/dvd player where you can view the approximately 4hrs of training footage in the comfort of your living room.
Suitable for all healthcare professionals who incorporate acupuncture or acupressure in their practice, HOW TO LOCATE ACUPUNCTURE POINTS – THE DEFINITIVE APP promises to be the most sophisticated acupuncture training video tutorial produced to date.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Paul Johnson LicAC, MBAcC, LicOHM, MRCHM, BA (Hons), PGCertLTHE, AHEA
Coordinator of Point Location
Acupuncture Clinic Supervisor
Paul taught at The London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (LCTA), the largest institution dedicated to teaching Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in England, for ten years. He was a Senior Lecturer and Clinical Supervisor on the BSc Acupuncture course. Paul has been involved in training literally hundreds of today’s acupuncturists and herbalists. He now teaches at The College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), just off of Oxford Circus.
Tessa Whittaker LicAc, MBAcC
Point Location Tutor
Tessa originally worked with and rode horses. She was encouraged to study Chinese medicine by her Shiatsu teacher and came to LCTA to learn acupuncture. Throughout her time at the College, Tessa also learnt yoga and intuitive movement a freedom of expression that is now part of her everyday life. She now works with the Parkinsons Recovery Project using yin tuina and visualization techniques on unmedicated Parkinson;s patients. Her riding background has inspired her to explore the use of Chinese medicine in the equestrian field, particularly Five Element riding and training techniques.
How to Locate Acupuncture Points – The Definitive DVD was produced by Luis Melendez (Silence Speaks Ltd) in collaboration with The London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Primal Pictures in 2008. At the time, Luis was a second year TCM acupuncture student and was finding it difficult to confidently locate acupuncture points. With the encouragement and support from LCTA, Luis went on to produce the acupuncture dvd which has proven extremely popular with acupuncture students / professionals here in the UK and internationally. He currently works in Digital Marketing and studies part-time at University of Northampton (MSc Transpersonal Psychology and Consciousness Studies).
- How to Locate AcuPoints: The Definitive App
Size: 822.2 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or Android 4,4 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices
Age Rating: You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.